Premiered at CinefestOZ August 25th 2016.
WINNER of Best Music Score Auckland International Film Festival 2016
1930s, Soviet Russia: Dziga Vertov and Elizaveta Svilova make radical, groundbreaking films.Threatened by their innovations, Stalin pressures his henchman, Boris Shumyatsky, to suppress them.Svilova’s editing makes Vertov’s genius possible. Vertov’s eccentricity makes Svilova’s editing genius indispensable.
A good cut can save more than a film.
- Starring Leeanna Walsman, Marcus Graham, Richard James Allen
- Written, Directed and Edited by Karen Pearlman
- Produced by Lyn Norfor and Richard James Allen
- Cinematography by Kieran Fowler
- Production design by Bethany Ryan
- Sound editing and mixing by Andy Wright, Soundfirm
- Music composition by Caitlin Yeo
- Music Credits:
- Violin and 6-String Violin performed by the extraordinary Veronique Serret
- Percussive performances on old school editing gear by Ben Walsh
- Music recorded and warmly Mixed by Geir Brillian
- Music recorded at Atomic Logic, with Jules Swain
- Ben’s percussion recorded at Caitlin’s studio.